Monday 1 April 2013

Another cold day

After a day at home yesterday working on bits of the boat Julian and I headed back to Mersea to put them in place. It's still bitterly cold, just 5C with no sun at first, and wind chill that froze my fingers, but while I worked inside Julian got the new bits of bulwark in place.
We had primed them at home, so that saved some time in the fitting.

Since it was above 5C once the sun came out I put blue undercoat on all the bits of grey metallic primer above the waterline. Alex can put on some Toplac tomorrow, when he comes with me to do the anti foul, and the outside painting will be done.

Inside I dry fitted all the galley, then did some final adjustments. I also primed the paintwork, so I can finish painting it tomorrow. The thru-hull is back in place, and will turn, so that's progress, and the formica is stuck on the galley floor. That's a non critical area, so once I'm sure it's worked properly I'll glue the rest of it on the sides.

The tap moved from the galley to the hand basin is now screwed into place.

It still feels like there is a lot to do though, and I've at most got five days to work on her before she's back in the water....

No comments: