Saturday 13 April 2013

Rain and wind

The problem with going away on holiday is it eats up boat prep time.....

Went to Robinetta today with Alex so he could redo the varnol in the cockpit and touch up the hull paint work, while I did some more to the galley. The car was absolutely full of things to be loaded onto the boat, because she's going in on Monday, ready or not. I knew the conditions were not going to be great, but it was warmer than when we went away, and there were only light showers forcast.

I stripped the foredeck cover off (in what sounded like a howling gale) to put the refinished hatch cover on, and realised that the varnish on the foredeck cap rails was never going to last the season, so after Alex sanded the old varnol off the cockpit cap rails I put him to work on the foredeck ones. Then it started to rain. And it did not stop.

Having Alex in the cabin with me did speed up some of what I was doing, and he was really useful lifting the cooker in and out, but the driving rain was depressing. No chance of the cabin drying out if I washed it down, so in the end we just piled the seat cushions and sails into the cabin and went home.

No comments: