Wednesday 3 April 2013

It's supposed to be Spring

No sun today, and a NE wind that meant the 4C promised was barely 1C with wind chill. I didn't take Alex, who would have been working outside stripping off old Varnol.

I shut myself in the cabin, turned on the electric fire, and finished painting the galley above the worktop line. It had to be done! I can't say I'm happy with my work though, too many drips onto the locker paint below. I don't like them even though they'll be invisible once the cooker goes in.

After that I fitted the work surface into place. It's not fixed down at all, and the plumbing isn't done, but it should not need to come out again. I came home with a long list of things that still needed doing to make it work.

There were other hardy people at the yard, including Kalindy's owner who was anti fouling despite the low temperature. He said it was drying well though, maybe the 16 knots of wind helped!

No comments: