Sunday, 3 October 2010


We went up to see Robinetta today and check on how she looked out of the water. Pretty much as expected, except for one tiny little difference.....

Sometime after Julian went down to get the rope off the propeller at Shotley one blade fell off! We knew there might be a problem when we checked the state of the sacrificial anodes in June, but we did not really expect our three bladed propeller to turn into a two bladed one! Julian will order us a new prop, and we'll get the yard to change it for us since we don't have the tools to get the old one off.

I totaled up the engine hours since its last service in Feb 2009; 108 which is a pretty low percentage of our total on board time.