Wednesday 14 August 2013

Selsey Bill!

As planned, the alarm went off at 4am. Neither of us had slept well and it took a while to get going. Crow up and went. Sue popped her head in and said they had heard the midnight forecast and didn't like it and were going back to bed. I looked it up on my phone and the main Met Office page still showed the 1800 forecast. The "text only" version showed the new one. It looked Ok to me and xcweather still showed almost no wind. We left. The dawn broke with a nasty crimson glow, I was reminded of the eye of Sauron over Minas Morghul. Alison said "red sky in the morning, sailor's warning". Nelson-like, I said that was just for shepherds.

Like yesterday, it was a smooth sea and xcweather was right. No wind. It was like that all through the Owers and into the Solent. Finally. We are here.

No comments: