Tuesday 28 February 2012

Paint

I ordered the paint for the hull from Marine Store Wyatt, and got a 10% discount for a bulk order. I've gone with all International paint above the water line, since I want to stick with the Lauderdale Blue toplac, but beneath the water line Robinetta will be Blakes like before; I bought the anti-foul last summer when I saw it on special at £50. Even with the discount, and without the anti-foul, I still spent over £200 on paint....

Paul asked me not to paint the undersides until he had finished re-fixing the plank ends there. He's done the top sides, but had to order in the correct size silica bronze screws, and they're only due to arrive today. It was a good day for painting though, so I gave the top sides their first coat of paint, and put the wet-on-wet initial layers of varnol on the cabin sides.

No comments: