Sunday 11 February 2018

Robinetta's Blue Book

I got around to scanning in Robinetta's Blue Book. I haven't done the back page yet which has details of the sales but by stitching three chunks together it is at least readable.

The part 1 registry has lapsed of course. I believe it is possible to get it back, but a survey is required.

When Mark Rolt's team replaced the forward cabin beam, the original hull number carved into the old one was a casualty. We are looking into replacing it with a brass plaque.

Reading the page I discovered we have more information about her first two engines than I had realised.

The registration details indicate a 1932 single 3 3/4" cylinder Amanco with a 4" stroke.

The 1948 survey says she had a 1934 twin 2 3/4" cylinder 2 stroke Watermota with a 3" stroke.

I don't know when the Watermota replaced the Amanco.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Dear Julian and Alison,
According to my 1947 copy of Lloyds yacht register Robinettas Watermota was installed in 1938.
Good luck with your repairs!
Mike Beckett

Alison said...

Thanks for the info, that's good to know

Ivan said...

Hi Allison.. I thought you might like to know, your book arrived here on Friday. Its a lovely publication. All the photos are well reproduced, the layout is reader friendly, and above all its a cracking good read! So congratulations on an excellent job!. Do your best to advertise it as widely as you can, good books on local sailing are scarce and im sure those interested in the subject would not want to miss out. ... Regards, Ivan Godley (emailing from Co Kerry, Ireland)

Alison said...

Thanks for your kind words. I am glad you like it. It would be great if you could repeat your comment on the Amazon site, as reviews there really do help sales.