Sunday 29 August 2021

Cleaning out the water tanks and painting

First thing this morning I turned the engine on, so I could use the electric water pump to empty out the water tanks. As the water came through all frothy with bleach I realised that was the perfect time to wash down the rest of the cabin. By 9am I had a clean cabin, and had emptied, refilled, emptied and refilled the tanks. The engine had also had an hour of gentle use under load as a generator, so I felt happy about that.
 
A walk up to the local shop for milk for breakfast, then a drive to Maldon to buy provisions for the week took up the rest of the morning.
 
The only obvious change to Robinetta today is the paint work. Julian tidied up the stenciled name which had got over painted slightly last summer, and I got in Worm, and painted over the linseed putty mix that had been put in just before she went in the water last summer. She now looks smarter, but the assistant harbour master has confirmed that the mast can not go in until Tuesday, which leaves us only 4 days to head north before Julian has to be back at work...


 
 


 

No comments: