Saturday 3 June 2023

Afloat for fitting out

The mast went in on Wednesday evening, and we discovered once again that we are hopeless at dressing it. I will have to go up the mast again to sort things out, as even a bit we got right (the throat halyard) disappeared up the mast when we tried to shackle it to the gaff...

We launched at 10:30 on Thursday. Julian took the helm for the short motor across the Gairloch to Rhu Marina before heading back home on the bus while I stayed behind to start the process of filling the water tanks, Julian phoned that afternoon to let me know that the new rope and blocks we needed for our spare halyard had finally arrived. Not the suppliers fault, but the post office's. Hopefully I can fit those while I am up the mast retreaving the throat halyard and making sure the lazy jacks run properly.




No comments: