Monday 9 April 2018

Getting ready for the season

It has been a while since I last posted about getting Robinetta ready for the season. Work has been been done though. At home Julian is busy getting the chartplotter, depth gauge, radio and new AIS to talk to each other via a Pi, and I am making covers for the new seats and back cushions that we bought at the boat show.

Both of us spent the long Easter weekend in Bristol working on various bits and pieces, and I have been down a couple of times by myself. Leaving at 05:30 to beat the M25 traffic, and not getting home until 21:00 makes for a long day, so I have not felt like posting the progress made!

Mismatched blocks on the horse
My first task once she was back in the water was to get the running rigging ready. We are still down 4 blocks, which were in too bad a state to use this season. Julian wants to remake them himself, but in the meantime we are using an odd collection of mismatched blocks!

Today I am spending the night aboard. I have been painting the cabin, which needed it desperately, and the paint fumes have driven me to the pub for the evening.

Tomorrow an engineer is coming to service the engine and have a look at the stern gland. A steady trickle of water is coming through it, and we may need to have Robinetta lifted on the slings while he fixes it. Here is hoping it will not have to happen!

No comments: