Thursday 17 May 2012

More painting...

Alex and I went to West Mersea and found Robinetta had been moved to her mooring up the Ray. She's further up than last year, and there are empty moorings in deeper water, so I'll ask if she can move a little closer.

I measured up the boom and gaff in their harbour stow. The idea is to finally make a new sail cover. I also measured up the stay sail. The cover there is looking shabby and it would be smarter to have one that matches the main sail.

Alex washed the bulwarks then painted them with a coat of Toplac, she'll need another coat before she's done. I cleaned the cabin sides then gave them a coat of Varnol. We also got the cabin top and cockpit washed and painted with a layer of masonry paint. All of a sudden she's looking much smarter!

It was cold though, with no sunshine, and a brisk wind. Roll on the summer!

No comments: