Sunday 27 March 2011

A good day

Sunday looked good for a day at the boat. I wasn't sure what I would do. I was feeling depressed with a headache from lack of sleep.

We loaded up the sails and seats and just about everything that was at home. If she's going in the water soon we need her loaded up, even if we still have stuff to do on the mooring.

I spent the morning re-chocking the mast and tightening the fore-stay and shrouds and we went and bought a bosun's chair and Alison went up the mast and succeeded in replacing the VHF antenna. It was a long process, made harder by the need to remove the old cable from the copper tube that acts as conduit between the mast head and the shrouds. The rig worked well. I hauled Alison up using the jib halyard as far as it would reach then shifted to the dynema we had put on the topsail sheave. The staysail halyard acted as a safety line. I used the winch on the dynema. Alison could stand on the hounds for some of it which helped a lot.

No comments: