Tuesday 18 January 2011

Sunny days

Took advantage of a sunny day to continue putting Varnol on to the cockpit lockers. I stripped some of the Sadolin off on Sunday, and I can't leave bare wood untreated for too long. Luckily Varnol doesn't mind being put on when it's cold (although the finish will have to be redone since it's almost certain to be dulled by the overnight dew/frost before it dries).

I checked the area Julian cuprinoled on Sunday, and sanded it down a little, then put on the wood hardener. It should be ready for filling next time we go.

It was very wet yesterday, and I had to empty just as much water off the foredeck cover as Julian and I did on Sunday, and manually pump out/mop out the cabin again. It's a pain not having the batteries on board; I'd been taking the float switch operated electric pump for granted!

No comments: