Friday 28 May 2010

Aground Again

We arrived at the boat around an hour before low water and as expected she was aground again. This time she was lying with the bow pointing to the head of the channel so it wasn't just the east wind. We came off about an hour and a half after LW.

I'd planned to go into the water and try and get the mud off the depth transducer but it was deep under the mud. I did get a chance to really scrub the weed off, and see how much paint was missing. In fact I was in the water twice. The second time on purpose. The first time the leaky dinghy pitched me into the water as I was handing Alison the outboard. I got very cold and had to warm up in the cabin before going out again.

We discovered a very unfortunate side effect of her grounding. The motor boat on the next buoy down river nearly touched us. I'm sure it does touch if Robinetta is on the end of the rope when she grounds. This is how near it came.

It was a lovely evening.

No comments: